Nicorette Gum gives you the choice of the quantity and frequency of nicotine you are putting into your body. This means that you can train your body to function without nicotine over a period of time. The trick is to slowly reduce the amount of nicotine that is entering your body, so that your body does not crave the substance anymore. This results in freedom from withdrawal symptoms so that you no longer crave cigarettes.
Nicorette Icy Mint 2mg Gum is suitable for people who smoke 20 or fewer cigarettes per day, and is the sure-fire way to relieve a cigarette smoker from their craving.
The recommended minimum daily use for the gum is 3 months, but some more heavy smokers choose to continue using the gum to avoid relapse.
Check out these 105 piece packs too:
- Regular Strength 2mg Gum
- Strength 4mg Gum
- 8-12 pieces of the 2mg gum, each day (or as required).
- After about 3 months gradually reduce the number of pieces you chew.
- Chew the gum slowly until the taste becomes strong. When this happens, rest the gum between your cheek and teeth. When the taste has faded chew the gum again.
- Do not use if you are allergic to nicotine, are a non-smoker, pregnant, or a child.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other prescribed medications or if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have peptic ulcer disease, cardiovascular disease, diabetes or hyperthyroidism, consult doctor before using this product.
- Patients with gastritis, peptic ulcer, angina or who have had coronary heart disease should discuss this with their doctor before usingNicorette.
- Read the package insert for detailed directions for use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store below 25 degrees Celsius.
Nicorettein the dose recommended, has not been found to produce any serious adverse effects in healthy people.
- Nicotine from the gum can occasionally cause slight irritation of the throat at the start of the treatment, and may also cause increased salivation.
- Excessive swallowing of nicotine-containing saliva may cause hiccupping.
- May cause mild indigestion or heartburn initially, especially if the 4mg is used.
- Slower chewing and the use of the 2mg gum (if necessary more frequently) will usually help overcome problems such as throat irritation or hiccups.